1 cup oil
1 Â½ cup sugar
6 small cardamoms (open them up and only put the black seeds in)
2 cups of dry milk
Almonds and pistachios for garnishing
1) Pour 1 cup of oil into a large pot or a deep frypan.
2) Add 2 cups of dry milk and the 6 cardamoms. Open up the cardamoms with your hands and only put in the black seeds. Throw away the shells.
3) Cook on low heat.
4) Stir continuously so that the dry milk evenly browns.
5) Beat 6 eggs in a separate bowl.
6) Once the dry milk reaches a light brown color, add the eggs. Make sure you mix the egg quickly or else you will get omelet like chunks.
7) Increase heat to medium-high and cook for about 5 min until the eggs are totallu mixed in.
Add 1 Â½ cups of sugar and reduce the heat. Cook until the oil separates from the halwa.
9) Put halwa in a large dish and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
10) Let it cool and set.